Wow! What a couple of weeks it has been! We are done with both Nutcrackers! It is bitter-sweet. Both shows were spectacular! All the girls were amazing and beautiful dancers! I feel like it has been a whirlwind, a fun one, but a whirlwind, none the less! We now have our weekends back and I’m not sure what to do!! I’m sure they will fill up quickly! 🙂 I haven’t been posting for a couple of days so I thought I would share a recipe I found that I would like to give a try. If you try it let me know how you liked it.
Here it is:
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
4 apples, peeled and cored
1) Sift the dry ingredients.
2) Add the egg and milk and stir well.
3) Peel and core the apples and slice into rings about 1/4 inch thick
4) Dip the rings in the batter and drop into a skillet containing about 1/2 inch of hot, melted shortening.
5) fry until golden brown on both sides
6) Drain on a paper towel
7) Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl to sprinkle over the fritters
Makes about 16-20